Monday, October 25, 2010

Praying for a phone call

Running out of options for work, I applied at a nursing home a couple of weeks ago, and of course after all this time and all the applications handed out, the one place to call me back is that nursing home. Figures. I didn't answer but called them back soon after just to find out how sketchy it was. They would not tell me what my job description was or what was expected of me and acted like I was already hired. They wanted me to come in for a drug test and to put me on the schedule. This freaked me out because I knew absolutely nothing about this job and as a relative told me when it comes to nursing homes "Please be careful and protect your license". Well during that conversation with the nursing home people, I was honest with them and told them that I can't commit until I know at least a little bit of what's expected of me. And she told me, "then we will be considering other applicants" and I told her alright, thanks for letting me know :) I didn't feel right about it and so I went with my instinct, very glad I did because within about 2 hours I talked to a Doctor's office who wanted me to come in for an INTERVIEW!!!! My first Interview!! It's funny how the Lord works.

When I went in, it was full of young nurses who were fun and energetic and so nice. I was there for almost an hour: I met almost all the doctors and nurses, got a tour of the place, was told what I would be doing and who would train me, and she was going to check with the scheduling lady and the other nursing supervisor to make sure they would have room for me. She said she would call me as soon as she knew something, then I could go take my drug test and that she really hoped it would work out. She also said that "we are like a family here so were really picky about who we bring in. But your really sweet and I think you'd be a great fit" :) So exciting!! So I haven't let my phone leave my side since that day. I'm praying it all works out!

No comments:

Post a Comment